Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day Six

After I signed off yesterday, Rob's pain level shot up rather quickly. His pain level early in the day was a pleasant 1.5. Around 5 pm, it rose to a five. Then, his nurse came in and changed out the container that holds the waste from his chest tube. When she was moving the tubes around (not the ones that are inserted into his body), he just about jumped off the bed in pain. His pain level increased to an eight in a matter of seconds.

Rob and I are convinced that his body went into some sort of shock-mode. He was pale, cold to the touch, and very wet. He couldn't even speak. It was a little upsetting to see him move from one extreme to another so quickly.

Needless to say, today has been a much better day with his pain level at a three.

Our kids are enjoying themselves in the Arizona heat. (It is 70 degrees - makes me want to be there, too. You KNOW how much I like being cold.)

I am exhausted (do you see a trend forming?). I am being force-fed and made to take naps. I feel like a three year-old. Nice, huh? Just when I thought that I was an adult.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Rob,

We are keeping up with what is going on by reading your blog. You are both incredible!!! We send our best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. We continue to pray for you.

Love,
Dick and Nancy Winterton

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the daily reports. We are following them faithfully and praying for both of you. I'll try to send Elaine or Steven with the cookies I told you about. XOXOX Peri and Heber Bennion

Anonymous said...

Jessica - Just checking in again to see how things are going. I hope that today is a fabulous day for you and for Rob in the pain department. This is a lot to go through. I am so glad that you are posting information to keep us up on how you are doing. It goes without saying that our prayers are with you. Hope all continues to improve! Love, Bonnie